2020 TIGCR International Conference on “Political Polarization: Perspective of Governance and Communication"
For the 2020 TIGCR International Conference on “Political Polarization: Perspective of Governance and Communication”, scholars are invited to analyze the causes, distribution, and impacts of political polarization related to algorithm, fake news, political participation, issue position, and ideology, etc., by using survey data, big data, content analysis, and comparative studies. We aim to prevent and alleviate polarization of opinion to create a sustainable and harmonious society.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Political Polarization: public opinion survey, technological impacts on political attitudes and behaviors, causes, effects, and related discussions of political polarization, etc.
- Democratic Governance: political attitudes of government bureaucrats and citizens, polarization perception and democratic governance, and bureaucratic responsiveness, etc.
- Political Communication: news media and political communication, governance and communication interaction, political polarization and social media usage, fake news, echo chamber effect, and algorithm, etc.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 16 March 2020
- Acceptance Notification: 6 April 2020
- Full paper submission deadline: 30 September 2020