Call for Papers: 1st Taiwan Institute for Governance and Communication Research (TIGCR) Conference date: 25 October 2019, Taipei, Taiwan
Main Theme: Political Polarization: Perspectives of Governance and Communication
About the Conference
The Taiwan Institute for Governance and Communication Research (TIGCR) will hold an international conference on “Political Polarization: Perspective of Governance and Communication” on 25 October 2019 at the National Chengchi University. This Conference focuses on the phenomenon of political polarization, with perspectives from democratic governance, political communication, and big data analysis. It also encourages using micro and macro data to analyze the formation, distribution and influence of public and bureaucratic political attitudes. This international conference aims at providing insights for policy making and political communication to promote social harmony and sustainability.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Political Polarization: Detection of latent public opinion, the effects of digital technology on attitudes and behaviors, causes and consequences of political polarization, etc.
- Democratic Governance: Political attitudes of government bureaucrats and citizens, political polarization and democratic governance, etc.
- Social Media: Governance and communication interaction, fake news issue, echo chamber effect, campaign strategies on internet, press freedom, political polarization and social media use, etc.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 7 March 2019
Full paper submission deadline: 30 September 2019
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- 300-word abstracts must be written in MS Word format and must include: title, authors, and affiliations. Abstracts must be submitted not later than March 7, 2019.
- TIGCR welcomes the submission of original works. To submit your abstract, send your paper to email@example.com.
- All submissions must be in English, and accepted papers will be presented as oral presentations in English.